Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dome Climber

I decided to get a new piece of playground equipment for my son after our insurance company said they would no longer be covering trampolines. So I search the web and find this site for Dome Climbers. They looked awesome, were reasonably priced and seemed like a great choice for my son. He was diagnosed with autism and hypotonia( low-muscle tone) and his physical therapist said this would be a great strength builder. So in May (2008) I decided to order this Dome in hopes to have it before summer time. We live in New England so summer is only 3 months around here. My husband decided to call around the beginning of June to see if the People at Dome Climber would be shipping our dome soon because our son was throwing a last day of school party for his classmates and we thought it would be fun to have the dome. Well we were told that they would ship it out that afternoon. My sons party came and went and no Dome. So after 2 months time with no communication we reported them to the BBB in there area of New Mexico. Dome Climber responded promptly stating they would send out our Dome. Well after weeks more of waiting we get a Dome delivered by UPS. Only, it is not the Dome we ordered and paid for. With much frustration I called and left several msgs, getting no response. I then put in another claim to the BBB and recieved an e-mail from Dome Climber and Rodney Ward stating that the Domes were on back ordered and would be shipped out on August 25th 2008. To this day we haven't had any communication with Dome Climber or an e-mail from UPS stating that they have a package that we can track. Bottom Line Rodney Ward and Dome Climber have my $299.00 and my son has nothing. Please do not deal with this man. You will get dupped.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I just came across your post and wanted to invite you to another thread at kaboodle. it's on this same subject. I am coveyte in the thread.

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/geodesic-dome-climber

Unknown said...

We are pleased to offer a very similar product (the other fellow used to work for us) at www.ziatoysinc.com. Check us out. We ship the day we run your credit card. No games-no hassle. You pay, we ship. Simple. Wendell L Jones, President, Zia Toys Inc. Albuquerque. 1-888-400-4942 (505-344-0744) Check our reputation at the Better Business Bureau www.bbbsw.org

Unknown said...

I'm in the same boat. I see the comments on here are from 10 years ago. We just purchased a climber for $468, and are having the same issues. The BBB has hundreds of complaints. Apparently, Rodney Ward and Farah Taylor have been running this scam for years. If anyone has a current address for him/them, I am trying to press charges and need a locality through which I can contact law enforcement.